Saturday, July 14, 2007

New old stuff

Theres still been plenty of drawing going on, and even some reasonably productive painting. But the last week or two have been dry in a drawing sense. I wish I could map out the weather patterns a little better. Maybe its a case of just not panicking in the dry times. But as we here in Australia know well at the moment, drought is a scary thing.

Anyway, this one is pretty old now, but I've wanted to post it for no other reason than I like it.


I saw a great documentary about on of my favourite artists, Chris O'Doherty. ( most people know him as Reg Mombassa; the guitarist of Mental as Anything, and the designer of Mambo street wear) In this documentary, he said that he never painted women, coz he could never do them justice. That was something of a revelation for me. I think I should stop trying..

This is something else I have wanted to post for a while..


yes, its the relationship motif..after I watched the movie of the mexican Artist, Frida Kahlo. ( that maybe the wrong spelling of her name) The portrayal of her relationship with her husband, and her journey as an artist, was pretty awe inspiring. These things do tend to be romanticised abit though, dont they?

Gotta go.. I think I see the dark clouds of the drawing rains coming on the horizon..